You can now verify your Tax Identification Number (TIN) online via the TIN verification portal launched by the Joint Tax Board of Nigeria. In this article, we will walk you through how to verify your TIN in 4 easy steps via the JTB TIN verification portal.
What Is TIN?
Tax Identification Number (TIN) or TIN number is a unique number that is assigned to all Tax Payers in Nigeria. It is given to all taxable individuals or businesses to identify them as TAX payers.
Before now, the TIN was given by the Federal Government of Nigeria through the Federal Inland Revenue Service(FIRS). However, the TIN is now issued by the Joint Tax Board (JTB) of Nigeria.
YOU NEED TO READ THIS: How To Generate Tax Identification Number (TIN) Online
Why Do I Need To Verify TIN Number?
After you must have been assigned a TIN, you need to verify your TIN. This is to ensure that your TIN meets the necessary conditions to carry out business transactions with other Government bodies or agencies in Nigeria such as the Nigerian Customs Service, National Agency For Food And Drug Administration and Control, and Central Bank of Nigeria etc.
TIN Verification: How To Verify TIN Online
The TIN verification process is very simple and easy. Whether you are a company, business or an individual, TIN verification process remains simple as you will get to see below;
To verify your TIN, follow the steps outlined below:
- Visit the JTB TIN verification portal.
- The verification form is on the left side of the home page.
- Enter your date of birth for individual or date of incorporation for a business incorporated by the CAC.
- Then select a search criteria which will be one of – BVN or NIN for individuals or CAC Reg.NO for companies.
- Enter the corresponding number you chose as your search value in the space provided for it. Eg enter your BVN if that is what you chose.
- Tick the captcha box to ensure that you are not a robot.
- Finally, click on the green search box and wait for your result. Refer to the picture below.
How to Verify TIN For Individual Taxpayer
For an individual who wants to verify his or her TIN, please follow the steps outlined below;
- Visit the TIN verification portal Here
- Then, select your Date of Birth.
- Select your preferred search criteria from the search Criteria Dropdown. The search criteria will be one of TIN or NIN or BVN or Registered Phone Number
- Then enter the appropriate value based on the search criteria in Step 2 above eg: Enter your registered phone number if that was your prefered search criteria
- Confirm you are not a robot by checking the CAPTCHA box
- Finally, click the green Search button at the bottom of the form
How to Verify TIN for Non-Individual Taxpayer
1. Visit the TIN verification portal Here.
2. Select the Organization’s Date of Incorporation
3. Then, select your preferred search criteria from the Select Criteria Dropdown menu – TIN or CAC registration Number or Registered Phone Number. The CAC registration number should be typed in this format: BN1234 or IT1234 or RC1234.
4. Provide the appropriate value based on the search criteria in Step 2 above.
5. Confirm you are not a robot by checking the CAPTCHA Box.
6. Click the Search button at the bottom of the form.
Remember that you can now register for TIN online using the TIN registration portal. CLICK HERE TO READ MORE.
For more information on TIN Verification or even TIN registration online via the new TIN portal, please leave a comment for us in the comment box below.