Hi There! Do you for one reason or the other want to change your chosen course in your last JAMB UTME? Do you want to change your chosen school to another one? If your answer is yes then you are in the right place. In this article, I will take you through the step by step guide on how to apply for Jamb Change of institution/course easily without stress.
The Change of Course / Institution is a very nice opportunity that JAMB has given to JAMBites to help increase their chances of getting admission. It helps you change from a more competitive course and, or institution to a less competitive one thereby increasing your chance of gaining admission with your already confirmed JAMB score.
READ ALSO: Full List Of JAMB Approved CBT Centers
The JAMB change of institution/course is only for JAMB candidates who have already confirmed their JAMB score for the academic session in question and for one reason or the other wish to change their course or chosen institution of Study.
Before I will go ahead and show you how to apply for jamb change of institution and how to apply for jamb change of course, please read the next paragraph carefully.
How much is JAMB change of institution?
Like other JAMB correction of date fees, JAMB change of course or institution will cost you a sum of Two Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N2,500.00).
The good news is that you can now apply for JAMB change of course or institution online without needing to print and submit any forms.
Things You Must Know Before Applying For Jamb Change of Institution / Course.
This section is very important because you can only apply for Jamb change of course/institution for a limited number of time.
1. You need to know your JAMB score first. So, make sure you have checked your JAMB result and know your score before deciding on going ahead to apply for change of course or institution.
2. You should already know the changes you want to make before going ahead. You need to know which courses or institution you want to change to before proceeding.
3. Make sure you know the cut-off mark of the school that you are changing to before you apply for JAMB change of institution.
4. Some schools are quite competitive and therefore may have too many students already. To avert this, you need to have at least 2 or more options in case the school you want is no longer available, then you can choose another.
Also know that while choosing a competitive school or competitive course, you need to have a very high cut-off mark because even when you score high, your chances of securing admission to study your dream course are lower than when you choose a less competitive school or course.
5. Check the JAMB syllabus to ensure that your course combination in JAMB is accepted by your school of choice.
6. You can change both your course of study and the preferred school of study at the same time and at the same cost.
7. Usually, you can apply for Jamb change of course/institution only once except if it has been updated. Once your form is submitted, you will not be able to make any further changes to it. So, make sure that you have gone through your form very well before you submit it.
8. To make life easier for you, while going to apply, please take your debit card along so that you can pay online.
Now that you have noted those important facts, it is time to see how to apply for Jamb change of course or institution in a few easy steps.
How To Apply For JAMB Change of Course / Institution
Ready to go ahead and apply for JAMB change of institution form? No worries, simply follow the steps outlined below:
Step 1. Click here and enter your JAMB login details( Email and password) to login to your JAMB portal.
Step 2. Once you are logged in, you will be taken to a landing page where you will see all available JAMB services.
Step 3. Select the “Correction of Data” option available on the sidebar or on your home page.
Step 4. From the dropdown menu, select “Course/Institution” by Clicking on it.
Step 5. As soon as you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for you. The Transaction ID will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
Step 6. Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. Also, a copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
Step 7. Click on the “Continue” button if you wish to pay immediately with your card. If you want to pay at ATM or bank, simply go with a copy of your transaction ID.
Step 8. Enter your card details on the Interswitch Payment page and click on the “Pay” button.
Step 9. The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” of your dashboard. Also, an SMS and email containing your unique Transaction ID and payment status will be sent to you after payment.
Step 10. Click on the “Continue” button to proceed.
Step 11. Once payment is completed, JAMB will ask you to provide your (1) Year of Exam and (2)JAMB Registration Number.
Step 12. After entering your information correctly, You can now proceed with your JAMB change of course/institution. New options for Preferred course/Institution and second choices will appear. The options available will be based on their availability.
Step 13. Click “Submit” to complete your application.
Step 14. JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.
1. Click here to visit the JAMB correction of data page.
2. Select the Change of course/institution option on the homepage by tapping on the “Click here to proceed” button.
3. On the next page, JAMB will show you a summarized guide on how to proceed with your application just as we have done above. Scroll down and tap on the green “Click here to begin” button at the bottom of the page.
4. Enter your JAMB login details – email and password to proceed. Once logged in, you can proceed as from step two(2) in above to complete your JAMB change of Course or institution application.
We wish you success with your application and subsequent admission int your university of choice to study that your dream course. Congratulations in advance.
READ ALSO: Get 5% Cashback on Airtime & Bill Payment
If you have any questions on how to apply for JAMB change of course or how to apply for Jamb change of institution, you can leave a message for us below.