Electronic Mails or Emails as they are popularly called have come to be part of our daily communication platforms. Google is the top email service provider worldwide with Gmail. This article is a guide on Gmail Signup or how to create an email account with Gmail.
Almost everything we do these days will require us to use an Email. Many users across the world prefer Gmail because it is simple and user-friendly. GMAIL is the most popular free email platform all over the world for obvious good reasons.
To create a new Email with Gmail is very simple. All that is required is to follow the simple Gmail Signup or Gmail registration Guide Below.
Gmail SignUp: Steps to Create New Email With Gmail – www.gmail.com
1. Gmail Sign Up or Gmail Signup can be done either via your web browser or using the Gmail mobile apps for Android and iOS. The process is basically the same for whichever platform you are using to create a Gmail account.
2. Gmail account is the same as a Google account. So, the Gmail Signup process is same as Google account sign up. The same username and password are what you will use to access other Google Services.
Follow the simple steps below to create a Gmail account or create Google account free without hassle.
Gmail Sign Up on Web Via Sign up page
Step 1: Open your web browser – Chrome, Safari, Firefox etc.
Step 2: Go the Gmail Signup page or Google account signup page – www.gmail.com.
Step 3: Enter your details as required like your first name, last name and username or an email address of your choice. Remember that you can use an existing email address from another mail provider like Yahoomail, Outlook etc. It will be your unique username and not the one already taken by another user.
Step 4: Then set a password for your Gmail account or Google account. Be sure to set a strong password for your account with a combination of numbers, letter and symbols. Then click next.
Step 5: Up next, you will need to verify yourself by entering your mobile number and country. This will be very helpful in case you forget your password and need to reset it or recover your account. After you complete this step you will get a verification code. Enter the 6 digit code and verify your Google account. Click on next.
Step 6: Enter your birth date and gender and click on next.
Step 7: Agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the “I agree” button. Then click on next.
Step 8: Your Gmail signup process is complete and your new Gmail account is good to go. Click on “Gmail” to access it right away.
Gmail Sign Up on Web Via Gmail Login page
Are you on a Gmail login page but what you want is to create a new Gmail account? No worries, simply follow the steps below to complete Gmail signup via the Gmail login page.
Step 1. Look for the create account tab on the Gmail.com login page. Every Google login page will have the option to create an account for new users.
Step 2. Click on the Create account to go the Gmail sign up page.
Step 3. A drop-down menu will pop up asking you if the Gmail is for yourself or for your Business. Select for yourself if it is a personal email that you want to create.
Step 4. Fill the main Gmail sign up form following the guide already given above and in seconds your new Gmail email address will be up and running.
Gmail Signup: How to Sign Up Gmail on Gmail Mobile app
As you already know, you can also create a new Gmail account on your Gmail mobile app. This way, you will not need to do it via the web. It is as simple as eating a pie. To create new Gmail account on Gmail mobile app, follow the steps below.
Step 2: Tap on the Gmail app or icon on your screen and it will take you to the Login Page.
Step 3: Click on create account and follow the instructions on your screen to complete Gmail sign up on the mobile app. Simple Right?
Possible Challenges You Can Face During Gmail Signup
1. Username Taken or unavailable
This will occurs if any of the following has happened.
- Username is already being used by another person.
- Very similar to an existing username (for example, if firstname.lastname@example.org already exists, you can’t use email@example.com).
- The same as a username that someone used in the past and then deleted.
- The Username has been reserved by Google to prevent spam or abuse.
2. Age less than 13 years
You cannot create a Google account or Gmail account if you are less than 13 years old as at the time you are attempting to create the account. Kindly wait for a few more years until you get to your 13th birthday to complete Gmail signup.
3. I Cannot Complete Gmail Sign Up without Mobile Phone number
Well, unfortunately, yes. Before now you can create a Gmail account or Gmail signup without being asked for your phone number but it is now compulsory for you to provide your mobile phone number before you can complete Gmail signup.
4. Did not Recieve the 6-digit OTTP code
Just make sure that the phone number you are using is active and close by. If the above is met but you still did not receive the code, then click on resend code and your code will definitely come to you.
NOTE: If you are still facing further challenges with your Gmail Sign up, please use the comment box below to leave a comment for us so that we can assist you immediately.
How To Add Recovery Email To Gmail
You might want to connect your Gmail address to a secondary email for security reasons. This is called a recovery email and it is here you will get alerts if suspicious activities are noted on your Gmail address.
Follow the steps outlined below to add a recovery email to your Gmail account.
1. Open your browser and go to google.com.
2. Then click on the sign-in on the top right corner of your screen.
2. Login to your Gmail account or Google account by entering your username and password. Then click on next.
3. Click on the Gmail button at the top of the page to go to your Gmail inbox.
4. In your inbox, click on settings.
5. In your Gmail account settings page, go to the “Accounts and Import” section.
6. Next, click on change recovery options beside the change account settings tab.
7. Select recovery email account recovery options.
8. Type your password in the provided field and click on the “Next” to confirm that you are the one.
9. Next, click on the “ADD RECOVERY EMAIL” button.
10. Finally, type your recovery email address in the provided field. Then, click on the “DONE” button.
Gmail Login: Gmail.com Login
Unlike Gmail Signup, the Gmail login or Gmail sign-in process is very simple and easy. To login to Gmail, follow the steps below.
- Go to Gmail.com login page or open the Gmail app on your device.
- Enter your Gmail login details – email address or phone number and your password and follow the instruction on your screen to complete Gmail login.
Gmail Signup: Why Choose Gmail?
Gmail is the world’s most popular webmail service. To be number one, it is for obvious good reasons which I may not be able to list all of them here.
Gmail offers users a simple, easy to use but yet a secure and intuitive email box that is second to none. Gmail Signup or Gmail account registration is very simple. It gives its users a lot of free storage space for documents, photos, videos etc.
With your Gmail signup, you will also have access to other Google services ranging from Google cloud services, Google Drive, Map, YouTube, to mobile payment system Google Wallet and much more.
For more information on Gmail signup, Gmail login or any question on Gmail.com account settings, please leave us a message in the comment box below.